Re: Statistics collection question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Statistics collection question
Date
List pgsql-general
"Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> writes:
> Would appreciate any help. Why do indexed queries take so much time?
> It's a simple DB with "10 relations" including tables and indexes.
> Simple inserts and updates, about 5000 a day, but non-trivial
> concurrent selects (about 45 million a day). Works fine when I
> restart, but a day later all goes cattywumpus.

BTW, just to be perfectly clear: all you do is stop and restart the
postmaster (using what commands exactly?), and everything is fast again?
That's sufficiently unheard-of that I want to be entirely sure we
understood you correctly.

            regards, tom lane