Re: Bug #703: granted permisions lost next day - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #703: granted permisions lost next day
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> Hello, I've a table named map. I need to allow all users to select from this table. "GRANT select ON map TO public ;"
worksbut permissions are lost next day and I must grant them again and again. I also tried to do it in a transaction:
"BEGIN; GRANT select ON map TO public ; COMMIT ;" but without any efect. Thanks for any help.

I'll bet lunch that you have some nightly batch client that's dropping
and recreating the table, or perhaps just REVOKEing permissions on it.
Permissions do not magically disappear.

            regards, tom lane