Re: BUG #9186: CONTEXT log line still appears when turned off - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #9186: CONTEXT log line still appears when turned off
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Can anyone comment on this?   I am able reproduce this in head, and the
> behavior does look odd.  I am able to see the error by just doing:
>     SET log_min_error_statement = notice;
> in a session before calling the functions;  I didn't need to modify
> postgresql.conf.  I am not sure even where to start in debugging this.

That's because it's not a bug.  The CONTEXT is attached to the NOTICE
lines.  log_min_error_statement has got nothing whatsoever to do with
the verbosity of individual log entries, so there is no way to use it
to "turn off CONTEXT lines".

There might be a feature request in here somewhere, but it's not
a bug.

            regards, tom lane