Re: [HACKERS] [GENERAL] Not able to create collation on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [GENERAL] Not able to create collation on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 8/1/17 10:53, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think this is actually a bug, because the collations code clearly
>> means to allow clones of the C/POSIX locales --- see eg lc_collate_is_c,

> You seem to say that we should support a "POSIX" locale even on systems
> where the C library does not support that.  I'm not convinced about that.

Uh, we already do.  Note all the regression tests that unconditionally
assume that the POSIX collation works.  Also, I am confused by your
apparent belief that there might somewhere be a version of libc that
fails to provide C-locale-compliant behavior.  Surely nobody would
tolerate a version of strcmp() that fails to act per C spec.