Re: pg_stat_ssl additions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pg_stat_ssl additions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 28/01/2019 09:14, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> 0002:
>
>  The test 54-56 of 001_ssltest.pl failed, which succeeded before
>  applying 0002. Seems to need to use another user.
>
> #   Failed test 'pg_stat_ssl view without client certificate: no stderr'
> #   at t/001_ssltests.pl line 313.
> #          got: 'psql: SSL error: certificate verify failed
> # FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "ssltestuser", database "trustdb", SSL off
> # '
>
> If this is not specific to my environment, the connevcion string
> at line 313 of 001_ssltests.pl needs sslrootcert setting (, which
> is feeded to test_connect_ok/fails() via $connstr, not via
> $common_connstr).

This is strange.  The tests work for me, and also on the cfbot.  The
pg_hba.conf method is "trust", and there is nothing that should make it
do certificate verification for this test.  Do you have have any PGSSL*
environment variables set perhaps?  An interesting OpenSSL version or
configuration perhaps?