Re: Declared but no defined functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Declared but no defined functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> writes:
> I think the following functions are mistakenly left in the header
> file. So attached patch removes them.

> dsa_startup()
> TransactionIdAbort()
> renameatt_type()

Agreed, these are referenced nowhere.  I pushed the patch.

> I realized that TransactionIdAbort is declared in the transam.h but
> there is not its function body. As far as I found there are three
> similar functions in total by the following script.
> for func in `git ls-files | egrep "\w+\.h$" | xargs cat | egrep
> do
>     if [ `git grep "$func" -- "*.c" | wc -l` -lt 1 ];then
>         echo $func
>     fi
> done

FWIW, that won't catch declarations that lack "extern", nor functions
that return pointer-to-something.  (Omitting "extern" is something
I consider bad style, but other people seem to be down with it.)
Might be worth another pass to look harder?