Re: make check help! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make check help!
Date
List pgsql-general
John Gibson <jgibson@lexmark.com> writes:
>  it. According to the documentation all I need to do is "make check" and this
>  should do it. Well I keep getting this error in initdb. One thing I need to
>  mention is that I am installing postgresql into it's own directory. I should
>  not have to install the package before I test it correct?

No, you shouldn't ... the initdb script should preferentially find
postgres in the directory it itself is invoked from, which should be
in the temporary installation built by pg_regress.  The fact that it's
failing to do so (and instead looking into where the final installation
will be) suggests some portability glitch in one or the other of these
scripts.  If you can figure out what's going wrong we'd be much obliged.
See the "self_path" manipulations in initdb.

            regards, tom lane