Re: [INTERFACES] RE: Problem migrating MSAccess97 table - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] RE: Problem migrating MSAccess97 table
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> The obvious (and perhaps condescending!) question has to be: are you sure
> you are trying to access the same database you migrated to?

Next question after that would be whether the table names are lower case
or not.  Via psql (and anything else that lets you enter raw SQL), table
and field names will be folded to lower case unless you put quotes
around them.  In other words
    SELECT ... FROM MyTable;    --> mytable
    SELECT ... FROM "MyTable";    --> MyTable
But I think pgadmin may supply quotes for you, and if the import process
quoted the names too, then you'd have mixed-case or upper-case table
names inside Postgres.

Try psql's \d command to see what table names the server thinks it has.

            regards, tom lane