Re: Cross Compile - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cross Compile
Date
List pgsql-admin
MicazMAK <emoazzam@yahoo.com> writes:
>   I am trying to cross compile postgresql for ARM platform. I am configure it on my linux enironment. Configure is
donewithout any errors but when I make it gives me error like cannot execute binary file.

Offhand I'd think that "make" should work but "make install" would have
a problem because it tries to run "zic" which will have been built for
the target platform.  The easiest solution might be to copy over zic
and the timezone data files, and do that step on the target.  Or you
could recompile zic for the source platform (it doesn't need to get
installed).

If that's not it, you need to provide more details.

            regards, tom lane