Re: Allow signal handlers to optionally use SA_SIGINFO information? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Allow signal handlers to optionally use SA_SIGINFO information?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Posix provides information about the source of the signal when using
> SA_SIGINFO style handlers via si_code/si_pid. That information has been
> available for a *long* while
> (c.f. http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xsh/signal.h.html).

That does not mean that it exists on all the platforms we support;
Windows in particular is likely to be an issue.

I concur with Heikki that you're probably solving this at the wrong
end anyway, since the next question you'll be asking is *why* did
process X send that signal.