Re: pqlib large object error - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pqlib large object error
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Edward Amsden <amsden_linux@embarqmail.com> writes:
> I am using the following code to create the large object:
>         lo_1 =  lo_creat(connect1, INV_READ|INV_WRITE);
>         if (lo_1 > 0) {
>             ... (open and write)
>         } else {
>             fprintf (stderr, "Unable to create large object: %s\n", PQerrorMessage(connect1));
>         }

BTW, what type do you have lo_1 declared as?  It strikes me that if it's
signed int32, and your OID counter is past 2 billion, this code would
fail because it would misinterpret a valid OID as negative.  The printf
would then report whatever the last error on the connection had been.
This still wouldn't explain why you're getting the duplicate-key error,
but it might at least point to the proper place to look.
        regards, tom lane