Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Loading table with indexed jsonb field is stalling
Date
List pgsql-general
Will Hartung <willhartung@gmail.com> writes:
>> On May 18, 2019, at 11:02 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> In addition to the questions about what PG version you're using, is
>> the backend process that's doing the load actually consuming CPU time,
>> or is it just sitting?

> It’s consuming both CPU and disk space.

Hmm, so not a deadlock (plus you're running a version that has that
bug fixed).  It sounds like you might have hit an actual bug, perhaps
one that causes it to endlessly re-split an index page, or something
along that line.  But it's going to be hard to find the cause without
a test case.  I don't suppose you can anonymize your data to the
point where you'd have a publishable test case?

            regards, tom lane