Re: Statistics collection question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Statistics collection question
Date
List pgsql-general
"Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> writes:
> On 04/09/07, Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Thats odd, I wonder why the EXPLAIN ANALYZE time id some much less that the logged select
>> statement times?

> Because the statement has been executed and is in the cache.

That answer is way too flippant.  In particular it doesn't explain your
repeated 80sec queries --- you should have enough memory in that thing
to be caching a fair amount of your data.

I'm wondering about some transaction taking exclusive lock on the table
and sitting on it for a minute or so, and also about network problems
delaying transmission of data to the client.

            regards, tom lane