TODO updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject TODO updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The following TODO items seem to be taken care of in current sources,
but aren't marked done in TODO:

PARSER

* INSERT INTO ... SELECT with AS columns matching result columns problem
* UNION with LIMIT fails
* CREATE TABLE x AS SELECT 1 UNION SELECT 2 fails
* CREATE TABLE test(col char(2) DEFAULT user) fails in length restriction
* mismatched types in CREATE TABLE ... DEFAULT causes problems [default]
* SELECT COUNT('asdf') FROM pg_class WHERE oid=12 crashes

URGENT

* Eliminate limits on query length

(Not quite done, but close enough to put a dash on it...)

TYPES

* Allow compression of large fields or a compressed field type

Jan just created a compressed text type, so this is partly done.
We speculated a little about adding a lower-level mechanism that would
compress whole tuples, so maybe this item should be replaced by one
mentioning that idea (it wouldn't belong in the TYPES section though).

MISC

* Allow subqueries in target list

* Overhaul mdmgr/smgr to fix double unlinking and double opens, cleanup

Is this one done, or do we still have issues there?  I think it's a lot
better than it used to be, anyway...

SOURCE CODE

* Make configure --enable-debug add -g on compile line