Re: psql: default base and password reading - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql: default base and password reading
Date
List pgsql-patches
Adam Osuchowski <adwol@polsl.gliwice.pl> writes:
> in attachment I enclose patch on psql which fix two things:
> 1. If no database was given, template1 is assumed.

That is a very large step backwards from the current behavior (default
to dbname = username).  The last thing we want is to encourage people
to use template1 for routine operations.

> 2. Password is reading from terminal (/dev/tty) rather than from
> stdin.

Hmm, that might be a good idea.  Comments anyone?

            regards, tom lane