Re: PANIC: could not write to file "pg_wal/xlogtemp.11399": No space left on device - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PANIC: could not write to file "pg_wal/xlogtemp.11399": No space left on device
Date
List pgsql-general
Jason Ralph <jralph@affinitysolutions.com> writes:
> My question is should I be concerned with data loss when a vacuumdb with analyze crashed due to space, and I
restartedthe database possibly when it was trying to recover?  The hinted message at 2019-09-12 23:26:15.978  in the
logscares me a bit.

No, that's unsurprising given that you did a forced shutdown while
recovery from the initial crash was still running.  The HINT is
probably not terribly well worded; it really only applies if
recovery crashed, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

            regards, tom lane