Re: unexpected data beyond EOF and character encoding - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unexpected data beyond EOF and character encoding
Date
List pgsql-general
Jaime Silvela <JSilvela@Bear.com> writes:
> I'm seeing these messages

> ERROR:  unexpected data beyond EOF in block 4506 of relation
> "coverage_test_val"
> HINT:  This has been seen to occur with buggy kernels; consider updating
> your system.

So what kernel are you running, on what hardware?  Is the problem
reproducible if you drop the target database and start over?  The
known cases of this problem have been under heavy concurrent update
load (multiple sessions trying to extend a table concurrently).
I don't entirely see how you could get it if the COPY is the only
thing writing that table ...

            regards, tom lane