shell environment control within psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From myke@komar.org (climbingboulder)
Subject shell environment control within psql
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm on sun solaris 2.8 with postgres 7.2.  I run bash, and use VT102
terminal emulation when I'm connected to this server.  When I'm at the
command line, I can use the backspace key, and the arrows. However,
when I type "psql db" to get into the postgres shell.... none of these
work.  The arrow keys are especially frustrating...

by not working, I mean:
backspace:  ^H
left arrow: ^[[D
right arrow:^[[C
up arrow:   ^[[A
down arrow: ^[[B

the delete key works, and ctrl+backspace works as a delete as well.
but I'd really like that functionality.

any thoughts?
Myke