Re: Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kushal Vaghani
Subject Re: Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Scott and Craig, I will give this a go today evening. Will let you know if it worked.

Kushal

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 16:48 +1000, Kushal Vaghani wrote:
> okay guys I will get 8.2.13, so would running the install.pl would be
> different.
>
> I will try and see if I can compile and run as mentioned from the
> docs. But would there be any script after install.pl to run the
> postmaster, initDB

You'll probably want to initdb, edit the postgresql.conf created by
initdb as desired, then start the postmaster manually using pg_ctl
(making sure to point pg_ctl at the data directory you created). It's
not hard.

If you want to automate it, just write a batch file. Remember to use
".cmd" not ".bat" so you run under the win32 cmd.exe script processor
not the ancient dos emulation monster command.com .

--
Craig Ringer