Re: [GENERAL] Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Install from Source On Windows - University of Sydney Research
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 16:48 +1000, Kushal Vaghani wrote:
> okay guys I will get 8.2.13, so would running the install.pl would be
> different.
>
> I will try and see if I can compile and run as mentioned from the
> docs. But would there be any script after install.pl to run the
> postmaster, initDB

You'll probably want to initdb, edit the postgresql.conf created by
initdb as desired, then start the postmaster manually using pg_ctl
(making sure to point pg_ctl at the data directory you created). It's
not hard.

If you want to automate it, just write a batch file. Remember to use
".cmd" not ".bat" so you run under the win32 cmd.exe script processor
not the ancient dos emulation monster command.com .

--
Craig Ringer