Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT
Date
Re: ALTER TABLE ... ALTER COLUMN ... SET DISTINCT  (Kim Bisgaard <kim+pg@alleroedderne.adsl.dk>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com> writes:
> Yes, and as I didn't have the time to install filterdiff I've attached
> a revision of your patch in git format which adresses the problem I
> mentioned, in a tarball also containing raw notes, tests, and
> regression.{out,diffs}.

Applied with assorted corrections, plus the just-discussed change of
syntax to SET STATISTICS DISTINCT.

> mqke check is failing on opr_sanity test in what looks like an
> ordering issue, but I didn't feel confident enough to adapt the .out
> to force the regression into passing.

Hmm, I saw no such change here, so I left the regression test alone.
It might be a platform-specific behavior, in which case the buildfarm
will soon tell us.  If so, adding an ORDER BY to that query seems
like the right fix.