Re: Path case sensitivity on windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Path case sensitivity on windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> And this only shows up when the binary is found in the PATH and not
> through a fully specified directory. This is, AFAICT, the only case
> where they can differ. This is the reason why we haven't had any reports
> of this before - nobody using the installer, or doing even a "normal
> style" install would ever end up in this situation.

Hmm.  Well, if we use pg_tolower then it will only do the right thing
for ASCII letters, but it seems like non-ASCII in the path leading to
the postgres binaries would be pretty dang unusual.  (And I am not
convinced tolower() would get it right either --- it certainly won't
if the encoding is multibyte.)

On balance I'd suggest just using pg_tolower and figuring it's close
enough.