Re: JDBC Driver Problem - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: JDBC Driver Problem
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
"Gautham S. Rao" <gautam.rao@tatainfotech.com> writes:
> This query returns 4 records when executed from the back end which is the
> desired result. But when it is executed using the JDBC driver for postgreSQL
> 7.1 and JDK 1.2, it returns only 3 records. This is the result of the first
> query excluding the union. So it appears as if only the first part of the
> query is working through the JDBC driver.

Could the driver be dropping part of the query?  I suggest turning on
query logging at the backend (restart postmaster with -d2 switch, or
set debug_print_query = true in postgresql.conf) and then look in the
postmaster log to see exactly what query is being sent by JDBC.

            regards, tom lane