Re: dblink_get_result issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: dblink_get_result issue
Date
Re: dblink_get_result issue  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-general
"Marc Mamin" <M.Mamin@intershop.de> writes:
> I'm experimenting with dblink, and have an issue with async. queries
> that do not return result sets.

> (Postgres 8.3.9)

> --youll need your own connect string to repeat:

> select dblink_connect_u('myconn1', 'hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port=5432
> dbname=postgres user=postgres password=x');

> select dblink_send_query('myconn1', 'create  temp table bah(s int8);');
> select pg_sleep(.3);

> SELECT * FROM dblink_get_result('myconn1', true ) as x (t text);

> =>
> remote query result rowtype does not match the specified FROM clause
> rowtype

Hmm.  I can reproduce this in 8.4 too, but it seems OK in 9.0.  The only
one of the 9.0 commits that seems likely to be relevant is
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=56cbb611ec749ba867a4cfc09c8b7df0f4446620

which looks a bit overcomplex for a back-patch.  Joe, any thoughts?

            regards, tom lane