Re: [HACKERS] Foreign key bugs (Re: "New" bug?? Serious - crashes backend.) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Foreign key bugs (Re: "New" bug?? Serious - crashes backend.)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck) writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> What about renaming as opposed to dropping?  Since the triggers are set
>> up to use names rather than OIDs, seems like they are vulnerable to a
>> rename.  Maybe they should be using table OIDs in their parameter lists.
>> (That'd make pg_dump's life harder however...)

>     That  at least shows how he might have gotten there. And yes,
>     they need to either keep track of renamings or use OID's.

I got mail from Ryan earlier admitting that he'd hand-edited a dump file
and reloaded it, so that was how his triggers got out of sync with the
table names.  But still, it sounds like we need to fix the RENAME case.

            regards, tom lane