Re: plpython function problem workaround - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpython function problem workaround
Date
Re: plpython function problem workaround
List pgsql-general
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 01:03:36PM +0100, Marco Colombo wrote:
>> OMG! It's indenting the funtion body. I think you can't do that
>> w/o being syntax-aware. I'm not familiar with the code, why is it
>> adding a 'def' in front of it at all? I undestand that once you do
>> it you'll have to shift the code by an indentation level.

> Presumbly because it wants to create a function, which can later be
> called. Since python is sensetive to whitespace it has to indent the
> code to make it work.

Seems like we have to upgrade that thing to have a complete
understanding of Python lexical rules --- at least enough to know where
the line boundaries are.  Which is pretty much exactly the same as
knowing which CRs to strip out.  So I guess we have a candidate place
for a solution.

Anyone want to code it up?  I don't know enough Python to do it ...

            regards, tom lane