Re: Index corruption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Index corruption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> On 6/30/2006 11:17 AM, Marko Kreen wrote:
>> If the xxid-s come from different DB-s, then there can still be problems.

> How so? They are allways part of a multi-key index having the
> originating node ID first.

Really?

create table @NAMESPACE@.sl_log_1 (log_origin            int4,log_xid                @NAMESPACE@.xxid,log_tableid
    int4,log_actionseq        int8,log_cmdtype            char,log_cmddata            text

);
create index sl_log_1_idx1 on @NAMESPACE@.sl_log_1(log_origin, log_xid @NAMESPACE@.xxid_ops, log_actionseq);

create index sl_log_1_idx2 on @NAMESPACE@.sl_log_1(log_xid @NAMESPACE@.xxid_ops);

sl_log_1_idx2 doesn't seem to have any such protection.  When I was
poking at Marc's example, though, it seemed that the numbers going
into the table were all *locally generated* XIDs, in fact the same
as the XID doing the insertions.  If this is only true on the master,
and slaves can be inserting XIDs coming from different masters,
then I think it will break.