Re: BUG #17071: ORDER BY gets ignored when result set has only one row, but another one gets added by rollup() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17071: ORDER BY gets ignored when result set has only one row, but another one gets added by rollup()
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17071: ORDER BY gets ignored when result set has only one row, but another one gets added by rollup()  (Tobias Wendorff <tobias.wendorff@tu-dortmund.de>)
List pgsql-bugs
Tobias Wendorff <tobias.wendorff@tu-dortmund.de> writes:
> To keep a long discussion short: you classify it as a wontfix.
> Since I've already supplied a workaround (using a subquery or CTE),
> let's close it.

[ shrug... ]  If you intend to take such a totally uncooperative
approach, then I can't help you.

I did *not* say this is a "wontfix".  I said it's not easy to fix.
There is a large difference.  What I was wondering about was whether
we could find an easier change that would help your actual use-case.
But, since you're not seeing fit to provide further detail, you'll
just have to wait till we can create a fix for the case as presented.
That's likely to be a year or two down the pike.

            regards, tom lane