Re: pgsql: Add ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SKIP. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SKIP.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Amit Kapila <akapila@postgresql.org> writes:
> The user can specify LSN by ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SKIP (lsn = XXX),
> which allows the apply worker to skip the transaction finished at
> specified LSN. The apply worker skips all data modification changes within
> the transaction.

Hmm ... this seems like a really poor choice of syntax.
I would expect ALTER to be used for changes of persistent
object properties, which surely this is not?

An alternative perhaps could be to invoke the operation
via a function.

            regards, tom lane