Rowsaffected return from NonExecQuery with stored procedure problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From DonnaR
Subject Rowsaffected return from NonExecQuery with stored procedure problem
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using PostgreSQl NPGSQL and C#.
Does the Rowsaffected return value work correctly when running a stored
procedure to Insert, Update or Delete. According to the documentation, it
should work with Insert, Update and Delete querys via ExecNonQuery, but
can't find out if it should work if you do the query via a stored proc
rather than 'direct'.
It's not working for me - I always get -1 back regardless of whether if it
does the query successfully or not, but if I do it via a direct "Insert
into..." command (rather than via a stored procedure with the Insert query
in), the 'rowsaffected' value is correct.
Is it just that it doesn't work wit a stored Proc, or have I got something
in my database not set up properly?
I'm desperate for an answer and have found several other similar questions
on various formus but no-one ever answers!