Re: Have psql show current sequnce values - (Resubmission) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Have psql show current sequnce values - (Resubmission)
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I think we discussed replacing the current sequence representation with
> a single relation that would contain all sequences in the database, so
> that you could do "select * from pg_sequence" and get all the values in
> one go.  The idea was considered not implementable at the time due to us
> not having "non transactional relations", but I'd suggest adding it to
> the TODO so that we don't forget later.

I wonder if we could kluge it by making all sequences inheritance
children of a dummy "pg_sequence" relation.  Or perhaps better,
implement this as a system view on a set-returning function --- if there
are lots of sequences the planner's not likely to help you much anyway.

            regards, tom lane