Re: compile error of PostgreSQL 7.2 on FreeBSD-current - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compile error of PostgreSQL 7.2 on FreeBSD-current
Date
List pgsql-hackers
hiroyuki hanai <hanai@imgsrc.co.jp> writes:
> But, the type of gr_gid in struct group, which is defined
> in <grp.h>, is gid_t. So, <sys/types> should be inclueded
> before <grp.h>

> The type of gr_gid in <grp.h> was `int' before 22th Jan 2002.
> It has been changed as gid_t by Mark Murray on 22th Jan 2002.

One would think this is a bug in FreeBSD's <grp.h>.  Shouldn't it be
responsible for including the headers it depends on?

We can certainly move our header inclusion order around, but that is
simply an application-level workaround for a broken system header.