Re: Multiple setup steps for isolation tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Multiple setup steps for isolation tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I just today found that the index-only scan feature has broken SSI.
> I don't think it will take much to fix, and I'm looking at that, but
> the first thing I wanted was a test to show the breakage.

Ugh.  That sounds like a release-blocker.  What's your ETA for a fix?

> I couldn't
> find a way to do that without running VACUUM after loading data to
> the test tables, and because VACUUM refuses to run in a
> multi-statement batch I propose the following patch to the isolation
> testing code, which allows multiple setup blocks.  Using this code I
> now have an isolation test to show the breakage.
> If there are no objections, I will apply this to HEAD and 9.2.

The grammar changes look wrong: I think you eliminated the ability to
have zero setup steps, no?  Instead, setup_list should expand to either
empty or "setup_list setup".