Re: [GENERAL] ACK table corrupted, unique index violated. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ACK table corrupted, unique index violated.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Brian Hirt" <bhirt@mobygames.com> writes:
> In a nutshell, my primary key index got a NOTICE to recreate when the
> database was vacuumed.  I dropped the index and tried to recreate it.  I get
> a key violation when i try to do this.    I find there are some 200 rows
> with the exact same developer_id and oid.

You're the third person to have reported something like this, so there's
something strange going on.  Can you give access to your system to
someone who can poke into it (probably me or Vadim)?

> There are some NOTICES the day
> before that i don't know what they mean, but don't look good.

> NOTICE:  Cannot rename init file
> /moby/pgsql/base/156130/pg_internal.init.19833 to
> /moby/pgsql/base/156130/pg_internal.init: No such file or directory

These seem extremely bizarre.