Re: postgres 8.2 "end-of-copy marker corrupt" - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres 8.2 "end-of-copy marker corrupt"
Date
List pgsql-novice
"David Monarchi" <david.e.monarchi@gmail.com> writes:
> Each line is terminated with a LF (0A), including the last line.  This is
> the structure that of all of the other files that I can load have.
> Some of the text fields in the file had \ in them, so I simply replaced all
> of them with blanks to see if somewhere there was an escape sequence that
> was causing the problem.

Hm ... AFAICS from looking at the code, it's impossible to get that
error message unless the file contains \ followed by . followed by
something that's not either CR or LF.  Are you sure you changed all
the \ characters?

Are you using CSV mode or traditional COPY format?  What's the
setting of client_encoding?

            regards, tom lane