Re: Compiling PostgreSQL 8.1.5 with 64-bit on a G5 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compiling PostgreSQL 8.1.5 with 64-bit on a G5
Date
List pgsql-ports
Brian Wipf <brian@clickspace.com> writes:
> I'm having difficulty compiling PostgreSQL 8.1.5 with 64-bit
> instructions on a G5 running Mac OS X Server 10.4.8.

Hmm.  This looks a *whole* lot like the problems in this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg00066.php
specifically
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-11/msg00104.php

So my suggestion is to get rid of that -mcpu=970, and maybe some more of
the -m flags too, until you don't get any definition of "bool" in the
output from
    $ echo >foo.c
    $ gcc -E -dM <<all your other CFLAGS>> foo.c

            regards, tom lane