Re: \lo_unlink results in "ERROR: pg_description: Permission denied." - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: \lo_unlink results in "ERROR: pg_description: Permission denied."
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Steven Mooij <steven.mooij@kavezet.com> writes:
> After I've imported a huge file (1.3 GB) with "\lo_import", listed it with
> "\lo_list" and tried to delete it with "\lo_unlink", I get the error:
> "ERROR:  pg_description: Permission denied.".

Yeah, this is a known bug.  You can do the delete as superuser ...

Peter, what do you think of hacking psql to only try the pg_description
actions if pset.issuper?  The alternative is to invent COMMENT ON LARGE
OBJECT, which is more work than I have time for at the moment.

            regards, tom lane