Re: "failed to find parent tuple for heap-only tuple" error as an ERRCODE_DATA_CORRUPTION ereport() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "failed to find parent tuple for heap-only tuple" error as an ERRCODE_DATA_CORRUPTION ereport()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:23 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>> Yes, I agree.  My thrust was more to discover if there is any testing
>> for these conditions being done in core.  It sounds like no, but I don't
>> think it's the responsibility of this patch to add them.

> The only tests possible with stock Postgres are performed by CREATE
> INDEX/REINDEX.

Yeah, I see no practical way to test this error case, and little point in
asking this patch to do anything about it.  If we had some test rig for
injecting corrupted data, it might be interesting to look at ...

Patch looks fine to me, will push.