Re: View permission error after upgrading from 8.4 -> 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: View permission error after upgrading from 8.4 -> 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Brian Hirt <bhirt@me.com> writes:
> I'm upgrading our database from 8.4 to 9.2 and I've run across a view that is no longer working. � When selecting
fromthe view, I get a permission denied error on one of the referenced tables. � However, I can run the view's query
directlywithout problems and I have read access to all the tables the view accesses.

Permissions checks for tables referenced by a view are done as the view's
owner.  I'm suspicious that one of the relations used in your view
vcredit_info is itself a view that references developer_title, and
is owned by some other user with less privilege than you.

            regards, tom lane