Re: Table/Column Constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Table/Column Constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
> If this problem is attacked, should one stop at constraints or make certain
> that other elements like views are dumped properly, too?  (or were views
> fixed for 7.1, I admit to a certain amount of "ignoring pgsql-hackers over
> the last few months")

Over the long run, there's a number of areas that need to be attacked
before pg_dump output will fully correspond to what was entered.
"SERIAL" columns are another favorite complaint, for example.
But I suggest that we try to deal with manageable pieces of the
problem ;-)

Views do seem to be dumped as views by current sources.