Re: BUG #17445: "ON CONFLICT" has different behaviors when its param is passed with prepared stmt or hard coded - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17445: "ON CONFLICT" has different behaviors when its param is passed with prepared stmt or hard coded
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> That being said, I *don't* think that it makes sense to support
> paramaters in conflict_target's WHERE clause -- that should be static,
> not dynamic. ISTM that it would be somewhat useful to have that case
> throw an error, in an immediate and obvious way, with an accompanying
> HINT.

Hm.  I don't have an opinion on whether this'd be a useful case to
support, but I agree that actually doing so is not terribly feasible.
Perhaps a specific error message would be worth the trouble.

            regards, tom lane