Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2
Date
List pgsql-patches
> The autovacuum process still uses libpq to send its queries, which is
> not the idea behind backend integration.

Sure, but one step at a time.  Getting it auto-launched from the
postmaster is already a good increment in usability, and offhand
I don't see that there's any part of that work that we'd have to
throw away later.

(This is not to say that I like the patch; I haven't reviewed it yet.
But I don't want to reject it just because it's not the final form
of autovacuum.)

            regards, tom lane