Re: Schemas not available for pl/pgsql %TYPE.... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Schemas not available for pl/pgsql %TYPE....
Date
Re: Schemas not available for pl/pgsql %TYPE....  (Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> ::sigh:: Is it me or does it look like all
> of pl/pgsql is schema un-aware (ie, all of the declarations).  -sc

Yeah.  The group of routines parse_word, parse_dblword, etc that are
called by the lexer certainly all need work.  There are some
definitional issues to think about, too --- plpgsql presently relies on
the number of names to give it some idea of what to look for, and those
rules are probably all toast now.  Please come up with a sketch of what
you think the behavior should be before you start hacking code.

            regards, tom lane