Re: pg_dump does not include triggers - should it? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump does not include triggers - should it?
Date
List pgsql-general
Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsaloli.tech@gmail.com> writes:
>   We just noticed our pg_dumps (generated with
> "pg_dump -Fc -n public $our_db_name") does not
> include triggers on tables in database $our_db_name.

-n restricts the dump to objects in the named schema.  It's impossible
to evaluate whether there is an issue here, since you have not told us
whether the trigger functions or the tables you are wondering about
are in that schema.  In general, though, you should expect that
restricting the dump leads to an incomplete dump ...

            regards, tom lane