Re: RAISE concatination/variables in plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RAISE concatination/variables in plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
>> Looking at the plpgsql code, it's clear that what's actually implemented
>> is
>> RAISE level string-literal [ , variable [ , variable [ ... ] ]

> I see the current docs showing:

>     RAISE level 'format' [, identifier [...]];

> Is this acceptable?  Should 'identifier' be 'variable'?

Probably.  And 'format' is even more misleading, since it implies that
you write a printf-like format string, which you do not.  The output is
just the concatenation of the literal and the variable values.

>> which is pretty bletcherous; seems like it should accept a list of
>> expressions instead.  But for 7.1, I guess this is a documentation bug
>> rather than something to change in the code.

> Do I need a TODO item here?

It seems in need of fixing to me ...

            regards, tom lane