Re: Edge case problem with pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Edge case problem with pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> There seems to be a pg_dump issue with inherited tables when columns
> are added to the parent table after creating the child table.

It's always been there --- ever tried dumping and reloading the
regression database?

Right now the only safe way to dump such a database is to use the
inserts-with-explicit-column-names option.  Someone was working on
extending COPY to allow a column name list, and as soon as that gets
done I intend to change pg_dump to specify a column name list in
COPY commands.  That should fix this problem.