Re: pgsql: Remove bogus dependencies on NUMERIC_MAX_PRECISION. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Remove bogus dependencies on NUMERIC_MAX_PRECISION.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 8/14/16 3:06 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Remove bogus dependencies on NUMERIC_MAX_PRECISION.

> Some compilers are reporting a warning

> dbsize.c:768:3: warning: ignoring return value of ‘strtol’, declared
> with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

Oh fchrissakes.  Do they think it's a security problem, or any kind of
problem at all, if you only use the endptr result?

I guess we'll need the same sort of convoluted dance we use to shut up
this warning elsewhere.  Will deal with it.

            regards, tom lane