Re: Connection gets into state where all queries fail - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Connection gets into state where all queries fail
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:30:15PM -0600, Scott Ribe wrote:
>> What's not clear is why I should be told this when the invalid query ended
>> with a commit.

> Hmm, it only happens when you send the whole lot in a single query
> strings. That's not recommended IIRC.

When you send multiple commands in a single query string, the entire
string is thrown away after an error.  That's how it's always worked,
and I believe it's well-documented.  There are apps that (mis?)use this
fact.

            regards, tom lane