Re: Python interface and Money? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Python interface and Money?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@fourpalms.org> writes:
> Hmm. If we keep the money type then we should change the internal
> implementation to use numeric or decimal or at least int64 instead of
> int32. Comments?

I'd suggested some time ago that money should be rewritten as a thin
wrapper around numeric: it wouldn't have to do much except substitute
new I/O functions, and perhaps find a way to set the default scale
to match whatever is the customary number of monetary decimal places
in the current locale.  I think this is already on the TODO list.
        regards, tom lane