Re: Make fop less verbose when building PDF - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Make fop less verbose when building PDF
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I just figured out that one can hide those. Unfortunately not at the
> commandline, but in "$HOME/.foprc" or /etc.

> $ cat ~/.foprc
> LOGLEVEL=-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=WARN

Yeah.  I've done it locally by modifying the "fop" script ;-)
... but probably ~/.foprc would be neater.  I see that I also
changed the default logger:

LOGCHOICE=-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog

because at least in the version I have, that isn't the default.

> [warning] /usr/bin/fop: JVM flavor 'sun' not understood
> [WARN] FOUserAgent - Font "Symbol,normal,700" not found. Substituting with "Symbol,normal,400".
> [WARN] FOUserAgent - Font "ZapfDingbats,normal,700" not found. Substituting with "ZapfDingbats,normal,400".
> [WARN] FOUserAgent - The contents of fo:block line 2 exceed the available area in the inline-progression direction by
morethan 50 points. (See position 30429:383)
> [WARN] PropertyMaker - span="inherit" on fo:block, but no explicit value found on the parent FO.

> The first is a debianism, the next two are possibly spurious [1]. But the next
> two might be relevant?

The one about "exceed the available area" has been on my radar to fix;
it's a consequence of an overly-wide example somebody added recently.
The other ones have been there all along and I don't know of a way to
get rid of them.

> I don't immediately see a way that's not too gross (like redefining HOME when
> invoking fop) to set LOGLEVEL without editing .foprc.  Perhaps we should add
> advice to do so to docguide.sgml?

+1